Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 4: Fly on the wall

I made the hike to the lighthouse today for the first time since I've been back on the island. I discovered this beautiful little fly hanging out on the lighthouse lichen. The lighthouse was built in 1853 and, like many of the buildings out here, is covered in all kinds of amazing lichen in many shapes and colors. The walls are truly alive. If you look closely you can see my reflection on the fly.

4/19/2011
This photo featured on National Geographic's daily dozen today. Check it out and vote for it to make it in the magazine! http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/daily-dozen

4 comments:

  1. this is SUCH a great photo. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I love the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up, Annie, having just discovered your blog. Learning more about life on the Islands via your amazing photographs combines two of my favorite things. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete